Yesterday we decided to escape the heat of San Bernardino by going to the beach. The temperature on the coast was about twenty degrees cooler than it has been here-so it felt glorious. We went to Newport Beach which is my favorite as well as the favorite of my Uncle David who came with us-we had to fight traffic to get there but honestly the drive was worth it. Max was so good all day-he was completely happy to just sit under the umbrella in the shade and watch people, eat all the good food we brought-or the nana as he calls all food, not just bananas, and he even warmed up to walking on the beach barefoot. He still is a little timid of the ocean-but that could have something to do with my reaction whenever the cold waves came and got us. I decided as long as we can go to the beach every week or so we can last here in California.
The only bad thing about the beach is that I took all the leftover sunscreen from last year with us and it appears that it didn't work so well-especially with Joel and Cody they are pretty red boys....or I could probably call them babies, which would describe how they are responding to the sunburns pretty accurately! Luckily Max 's baby sunscreen is still working the way it should be so he didn't get burned.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
One good thing about California
Posted by Laura at 2:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh that looks like so much fun! Max is a little beach babe:)
I am so jealous of the beach! You should definitely go there weekly - and when we come down someday we can go everyday. Max looks so cute in that hat! Hhhmmmm, wonder who gave it to him?;)
Wish we were there!
Why are you in CA? I missed that somehow. I have to tell you I am laughing about the police copters circling. That happens at our house all the time. And don't worry, because some guy hid in our bushes to attack our next door neighbor a couple of months ago. And guess what... we live in a 'nice' neighborhood. I am so excited to go back to Utah
Do people actually LIVE in Cali? Wow. I thought it was just for vacations and Hollywood. Well, I hope you enjoy your long vacation- and go to Disneyland a lot, becuase that is what you do when you go to CA, right?
Hooray for a good time! I think the more you get out over there the more you will find you like it. If not--just go to the beach! How fun!
What an adventure! I am so happy for your family. Sounds like life is going to be good to you. Wish I was there.
Isn't that funny how it took us so long to get Ashlee off the binky! Don't worry about Max having it, all that matters is they're happy and when they're not... there's binky! :) You'll know when it's time to give it up and he will too. It's so good to hear from you. Can't wait for another post.Heidi
Oh man! We miss you guys! I hope things go well. I never gave you our friend's name and number. If you need it, you know where to find me! :)
I am SO jealous too. that looks like so much fun! Brayden hates the ocean too! We could never get him to even go near it! Glad you guys are doing good and we can't wait to see you in about a month! yay!! :)
Looks like you had a great time on the beach. At least it feels like summer there. This storminess and 55 degree weather is no fun!
Post a Comment