Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coeur d' Alene

The first week of our trip was spent in Coeur d' Alene with Cody's parents. It was wonderful to be up there with them and to enjoy their company, the cooler weather, and just the amazing beauty of that place. It was the first time I had actually been up there in the summer-I have hit every other season so far, and will have to admit that summer up there may be my favorite. We had a great time and miss them, we wish we were a little bit closer so it wasn't such a journey to make it up there!



A view of Lake Coeur d Alene-its awesome, it is truly a unique and beautiful place-I could sit on the beach and relax for hours and be completely happy!



Cody and Max at the lake.



My fingers after we went on a two mile hike by the lake-they don't look too bad in this picture because the swelling had gone down by the time I had my camera....they were rather like sausages though-bad enough that I had to take off my ring.



Max got this flag at the parade on the Fourth of July. He loved waving it which was so cute-I love the Fourth of July, what a great day to celebrate our Great Country.



Cody and Max on Grandpa Shirley's four wheeler. Max LOVED riding this thing-I was worried we would never get him off of it!



Max and his cousin Leah (daughter of Cody's twin Katie). They came and played with us for a few days which was fun. It was cute to watch these two play together.




Cody's mom had bought this cool sprinkler thing that you could put balls into and it would shoot the balls up into the air. They both thought it was cool but were a little unsure about it-so we filled this big tupperware up with water which was less threatening to them for some reason.


Cute little cousins-I love Leah's post nap hair in this picture-it cracks me up...but she somehow pulls it off, if only I had that talent!

3 comments:

The Tews said...

What a fun trip! The lake is beautiful. Funny how your so called "swollen" fingers are smaller than my everyday fingers! Little Smokies anyone?

Allison Hill said...

Max's smile in that last picture is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!

Miller Family said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I love Max's smile in that last picture - so cute!