Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day Weekend this year we just stayed home and did a couple of little day trips. We had two extremes weather wise-we spent one day in Big Bear which was FREEZING. I had on two jackets and my winter coat-and then on Monday we headed down to Newport which was wonderful and warm-although I wasn't too tempted to get into the water!


Finally made it to the lake. We love it up there, but the drive up is not my favorite. Luckily Cody is a skilled driver and managed to drive up there without making me want to vomit the whole way! 


Do my kids even have a chance?

The whole way up Max kept talking about how he was going to go rock climbing. Luckily he was pretty satisfied with rocks this size.


Big Bear is SO pretty.

Remember how I said it was freezing? Nothing can keep this girl out of the water-I just like her wet little bum. She started off with her coat on but I decided to take it off in an attempt to keep some warm item of clothing dry. 


Max and Cody found some bigger rocks to climb-the perfect sized rocks for a five year old boy.

Sad that she can't keep up with the boys as they were climbing up bigger rocks. 

We decided to go on the Alpine slide that they have up there. To say that Max was excited would be an understatement. He was so excited he couldn't hold still-the excitement was just oozing out of his little body!


View from the top of the slide.


There were about six dolphins that kept jumping around in the water out there. I did what any wildlife photographer would do and attempted to capture their images from my chair. Yes I was having a nice and lazy day at the beach. I am loving the fact that my kids are old enough to just play at the beach and be completely happy with little to no need for mom and dad. It is the best!
Max taking a chance to warm up a little bit.
Max and hit little buddy Carson.

Pretty sure that Cody is going to love that I put this picture up. He could be the one in charge of the blog-but he doesn't do it so sometimes things like this have to happen!
Layla loves the beach-she frequently tells me goodbye and that she is heading to the beach. It was a good way to end our fun little holiday weekend!





1 comments:

Allison Hill said...

We want to tag along places with you guys. You guys are fun! Please move to Colorado someday!!!! Or we will move there. Either way works for me :)