Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lake Tahoe









Last week Cody and I were able to go to Tahoe City, California for a Wagstaff Family reunion. It was really fun to be able to see and spend time with family that we don't see that often. It was also amazingly nice to excape from the blazing heat of Grand Junction to a place where it actually gets cold at night! We stayed in some condos which were nice and pretty close to the lake-and the condo area offered many different types of entertainment. Each morning we would wake up and begin playing. They had tennis courts, swimming pools, basketball, and of course football fields near by to entertain all ages and genders. In fact we were so entertained at the condos that we didn't really spend too much time down at the lake, which looking back makes me kind of sad. Lake Tahoe is amazingly beautiful-so I have decided that I need to live there in the summers and then we can come back to Grand Junction in the winters. If only.....


We did actually go rafting down the Truckee River which drains out of Tahoe, which was very fun. In order to deal with the baby on a raft issue Cody and I watched Max and Ben the first half of the river and then Rachel and Spencer switched out with us and watched them for the second half, which worked out perfectly. Rafting with my family is always exciting-mainly because it is impossible to stay dry. In order to keep from being pulled into the river I got in the river by my own free will-but I guess that wasn't good enough for my brothers, cousin, and kind husband. They later pulled me in...although Cody did warn me that they were plotting against me, which I guess was kind of him-right before he pushed me in-yes he loves me.

It was a fun trip, and even though we had to drive across the Nevada and Utah it was well worth it!



We didn't have our camera with us, so these pictures are donated by Rachel-which reminds me if anyone has fun pictures from the reunion I would love to be emailed copies!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh joy. I love the lovely chubby picture of me in my swimsuit. I'll be more careful what pictures I send you in the future!

Jared and Laurel said...

Is Rachel kidding? I was just going to comment on how great the pictures are, especially the family pictures! Laura, I just did my Tahoe blogging and now I think yours is much better. Dang it! (I mean, good job!)