Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Exciting time in California

We are now on the final leg of our two month journey, we have a couple days in Kamas to regroup and get Christmas presents together and then we will be heading up to Couer d' Alene for Christmas on Thursday....we are very excited to be up there with Cody's family for the Holidays; plus I am extremely grateful we survived the whole California sales push!
Here are a few pictures from California-nothing too exciting since Cody would work twelve hour days Monday-Friday...then the weekends we would try to fit in what playing we could. While Cody was working Max and I basically hit up all to stores around our hotel and then my uncles house. We are pretty much professional shoppers now-I thought about going and exploring more on my own, but I was just a little worried I wouldn't be able to find my way back home!


Eventually I let Max play with whatever would keep him happy as long as he couldn't hurt it and it wouldn't hurt him...


Hanging out in the hotel with mom, he looks a little mischievous he was probably heading for the phone book and I caught him!

Max was a little tired of shopping and he definitely let me know!


Standing in front of a big Christmas Tree at Downtown Disney

Cody by Darth Vader made completely from Legos


Cody loved this store at Downtown Disney-it had all kinds of cool autographs and posters there...like one from his hero Jack Bauer

Cody and Max on the Pier at Newport Beach

The pelican that almost bit Cody's leg

It was so windy out there-and all the little black dots in the water are surfers


This is Bob and Tiffany, my awesome cousins who hooked us up with tickets to watch the Disneyland Firework Show-when I took their picture they were like, "oh no now we will end up on your blog.."and all I can say is mwahahahahaha

The Christmas Fireworks at Disneyland were awesome-Cody kept saying they were so Magical (sarcastically) but by the end of the show he admitted that they really were magical



They put lights on the castle to make it look like snow and icicles...it was pretty neat!


The day before we headed back up to Utah Cody told me we he wanted to take me out on a date because I had been such a trooper the whole time we were in California-I was definitely okay up for that, so we got my uncle to babysit and we headed to Hollywood because Cody kept talking about how he wanted to see some stars and all the stuff up there....I told him it wasn't all that cool but we went anyway. We were meeting up with our friends Layth and his wife Lue (Layth was working down in CA also) at this restaurant and then we were going to go and see the sights, or so I was told. Cody and I waited at the restaurant for an hour and a half for them to get there because they were stuck in traffic. The whole time we were waiting Cody as so stressed and tense and I was just like-it doesn't matter we will just eat and then go hang out we don't really have anywhere to be....so when our friends got there they sat down and literally started eating their food so fast, I was just taking my time, talking to them etc....until Cody so romantically said-so Laura you might want to hurry because we are going to Wicked tonight and we have to catch the shuttle in like fifteen minutes. I was completely surprised and started eating much faster! I had had my suspicions he was going to take me and even asked Cody if we were going to Wicked on the car ride up and he very skillfully denied everything. I was very impressed with his secret keeping skills. Anyway the play was awesome-well worth the stress and the traffic we went through to get there. It was a perfect way to end our time in California!

3 comments:

Allison Hill said...

I'm so glad you survived the hotel life with Max! When we first got to Texas we lived in an extended stay hotel for over a month while we looked for a place to live... it was horrible! I swear Brayden was just bouncing off the walls! Looks like your having so much fun in California! I need to go there someday! :)

Brooke said...

Looks like you all ended up having a great, memorable time! Props to Cody for the surprise, too! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

As for the blog layouts--Tasia sent me some instructions to get one like hers, or I just searched "blog templates" on the internet and downloaded one. I am new at all of this stuff, so I am thinking I may try to find a better one now that I know how to. Let me know if you want Tasia's instructions!

The Newton's said...

That sounds like so much fun. I want to go see Wicked. Have fun in Idaho!