Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hanging in Kamas Again

Max and I have been hanging out in Kamas without Cody for the last week or so. We all flew up to Utah last Thursday to be here when my brother Trevor got home from his mission on Friday. It was awesome to see him and it has been fun to be here with him and watch him adjust. He is becoming more himself but sometimes I can't help but wonder if he wouldn't rather still be in Chile!
Max and I are still here because Joel is getting married on June 13, and since there are so many things we have to travel to Utah for this summer we decided to minimize the amount of flying/driving we would subject Max to-he isn't the most fun child to travel with anymore-it is hard for the boy to sit still! Which brings me to the pictures-he has loved being at my mom and dads and being able to go play outside and share his love with the cats, who I am afraid do not love Max as much as he loves them. It could be hard for him once we return to San Bernardino to not have a yard that is pretty much a park right outside the door.

Max discovered this watering can while attempting to help my mom plant flowers, he loved to play in the water and then lick his fingers-yes it was gross but what can you do, I figure there are worse things he could be licking off his fingers!


Max on his way to attack the cat, who looks like he may be playing dead in order to escape an attack.


Max has also decided that he is a superstar basketball player, he will pick up a ball, which is almost as big as he is and then go and stand under the hoop, attempt to shoot but really just drops the ball.


Another thing Max finally found was his belly button, and he will proudly show it to anyone who asks!


And last but not least Trevor-what a cute boy, just having him home and hanging out with him is inspiring, and it makes me want to be such a better person, and stop putting off everything I know I should be doing but I don't!

8 comments:

heather said...

What mission in Chile was he in? My little brother is down there right now...in vina del mar.

Also, would being in California forever really be that bad? I couldn't help but notice it on your "fears" list, but it did give me a good chuckle!

Jenny said...

Trevor looks so good and I can't believe how big Max is getting! I finish teaching this week and I will be going up to Oakley sometime soon. I want to come visit you and Max. I'll call you. Can't wait to meet the kid!

Rebecca said...

The freedom of being a stay at home mom is definitely a benefit. I always feel guilty when I ditch Jake but he's always alive when I return. Have fun! I'm sure grandma and grandpa are enjoying the extra time with Max.

The Tews said...

He looks so grown up! Crazy. My mom couldn't stop talking about his homecoming--she was telling Nate and I about it and kept getting tears in her eyes. Tell Trevor congrats on being home, I bet he changed a lot of lives and was a great missionary!

Brooke said...

Wow--I forget that your brothers are all growing up....I just keep remembering them at their stages when we were in HS. Return missionaries are so inspiring--I'm glad you are home to witness it...and to play with your parents and help ready for the big day! What an exciting month for your family!

PS I LOVE the Laura facts!

Holmes Family said...

Everything you are up to sounds like so much fun. Max is adorable! I still look back at the times we'd fly to Utah, just me and our first son, and it makes me want to cry. Now with three little kids there is no way I could handle them all on my own. Living away from family is very difficult at times. Enjoy all your time there! I cannot believe that Trevor has already returned from his mission. It is amazing how great you feel around returned missionaries! You have a great family. I have always admired the Wagstaff's!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Doesn't Kamas feel different than it used to? I thought I would always feel at home here...

Jared and Laurel said...

It was SO fun to see you guys briefly. Maybe someday we'll settle wherever you guys live, just to have more good times (maybe even do a little skating?)