For Thanksgiving this year we decided to stay in California, but since it was our turn to celebrate the holiday with Cody's family we invited his parents down, as well as his sister and her husband. It was really fun to have them here, and for us to take them around and show them all the fun stuff there is to do here. I think we all had a good time, and I definitely think they didn't mind the warm weather! It my was first time making a Thanksgiving dinner, and I can't really say that I did the whole thing by myself because my wonderful mother in-law did the turkey for me....and I'm ashamed to say the all the pies were made from pudding....I'm not really a fan of pumpkin pie or fruit pies...and I have a fear of making pie crust. Hopefully people will forgive me for the lack of exciting pies, but overall it was a delicious and fun time!
We took them to Downtown Disney where they have lots of fun shops and it was all decked out in Christmas trees and other things.... (I am suffering from lost vocab at the moment)
Cody's parents all snuggly in front of the big Christmas Tree.
Random picture of Max-taken by my brother in law with their awesome camera, I am amazed at the difference in the quality of the picture. I think I know what I want for Christmas!
We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, it was awesome and Max loved it. He is really in to Nemo right now so he especially loved all the little "Nemos".
Max LOVED the petting pools where you can pet sand sharks and sting rays. I don't know if he loved the petting part so much, or just the fact that there was a huge pool of water for him to play in and attempt to climb in to.
Hanging out with the crabs and sting rays.
We watched the sunset on Newport Beach....it was a little bit chilly but awesome as ever, the beach just makes me happy-I think I should probably live there!
My cute little boy, all he needs is a stick and some dirt and he is happy.
Notice I don't even attempt to control my fro when it is being attacked by ocean breeze, as Cody would say my efforts would be futile.
Another picture taken by my brother in law....me and my boys walking along the beach, does it get any better?
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Thanksgiving
Posted by Laura at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love all your pictures! And I know what you mean about a nice camera... you can totally tell the difference. I want a nice one too someday! :) Sounds like you guys had a great holiday...can we come visit you sometime too?? I want to go to the beach! :)
I am so jealous! I mean, I need to set foot in the ocean at least once a year to keep my sanity.
The only thing that would make Utah more lovely would be a beach! Love that last picture. I have been wanting a new camera too--and I have actually been wanting to take a photography class as well. Let me know if you find a camera that you love. You guys look happy. :)
You need to frame that last picture. It is so beautiful!!
I love the last picture! What kind of camera does his brother have? Do you know? We are getting one for Christmas because I hate mine to death! Do you have anything to tell me? Miss you!
Your pictures made me "homesick" for California!!! When you were raised by the beach ... it's just something that you yearn for at times! Your little family is so cute and as Jessica said ... you do look happy! Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Post a Comment