Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Halloween this year was really fun-it is the first year that Max has really understood or cared about it...and once he figured out what it all meant he was definitely a fan! He keeps asking me if he can put on his costume and go trick or treating, I think since our ward's trunk or treat was the day before Halloween he figures trick or treating should be a nightly occurance since he did it two nights in a row!


Cody and Max carving the pumpkins-Max was happy to watch, he was not a huge fan of the pumpkin guts!


Our little family-I'm not a huge fan of myself in this picture, but everyone else looks so cute that I thought I would sacrifice my vanity and post it!


Max's pumpkin. Cody is such a cute dad and seriously has pumpkin carving skills, he made this Winnie the Pooh pumpkin for Max in five minutes, something like this would have taking me all night and it wouldn't have looked this good!


Cody's pumpkin on the other hand in not cute! He thought it was so funny though, Max thought it was "spooky" as he says, and so I had to turn it around so he couldn't see it. As for my feeling about the pumpkin, it made me sad to look at because the shoes and pants belong to Max so it looked like my son was being eaten by a pumpkin!


These are kinda out of order, but I don't care-this is Max on Halloween trick or treating, he LOVED it. He would often linger on the porch trying to talk to people and probably get them to give him more candy. He loved to tell them all, "I'm a pirate, arghh scalleywag....or however you spell it!


Max had to try and look scarey in this picture, so he is doing his best by giving me his scarey eye.


Cute pirate boy....


Layla in her cute warmer costume...probably trying to figure out why mom always dresses her up in these crazy outfits!


Hanging out at the ward party, it was actually pretty cold that night so I was glad that I had a warmer thing to put her in, and then she kept me warm while I carried her around...she is a good little heater!


My friend took this picture at our play group Halloween Party, I love it-you can tell she has an awesome camera because the colors in the picture are AMAZING....it just makes me want a new camera even more!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your kids are so cute! Parker loved helping me pass out candy. And yes, Cody's pumpkin is a little disturbing!

Allison Hill said...

Hey my boys were pirates too and Ty wore that same costume! It was a cute one huh! Looks like you had a great Halloween! :)

The Naylor Family said...

They are SOOOOO cute! Great pictures! Cody did really fun things with the pumpkins ... he is really talented and I loved Max's scary eye ... funny stuff!!

Rachel said...

Those pictures are all too cute of your kids! Can't wait to see them in a few weeks!

The Tews said...

Cody's got skillz!! Man, that totally puts our pumpkins to shame. Max is a doll and can Layla please buzz her way over here? Miss you!

Rebecca said...

My hubby just saw Cody's pumpkin and thought it was sweet. I think he's got his carving idea for next year. How wonderful is that? Cute costumes!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I love the man-eating pumpkin. Cute pics!

Bob said...

Sounds like Halloween was fun! I'm with Max...trick or treating should be done more often. :)

Awesome pumpkins too!

This is our life... said...

I love those pumpkins! I really like the pants and shoes coming out of the mouth! So cool! Miss you guys! - Colleen