Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last few weeks

Cody has been taking Thursdays off for the last few weeks, which has been really nice...it just seems more fun to go and do stuff when it isn't a weekend. One Thursday I came in from running and he said he wanted to surprise me by taking up to the Holocaust museum in LA, however after looking at their website we decided that Max would probably not be a very welcome visitor so we decided to go to the Children's Discovery center in Santa Ana instead. It was really fun, and it has made me remember (the Recreational Therapist that I am) how important it is to go and just play together as a family!


At the museum they had an exhibit on hockey and the science of it...it was really fun, you got to do all kinds of stuff like try to be a goalie, shoot the puck, and test your reaction time....here is Cody trying to be a goalie and wearing the world's stinkiest gloves!


Max of course had to do it also to be just like his dad.


This is Cody trying to lift his body weight with a pulley system, I'm not going to lie I really like this picture because he just has some sexy arms!


They had a big exhibit on circles, it was pretty neat...I think Cody had more fun here than Max did.


Max playing on the train, about to make an announcement...he is really good at being bossy!


Max on the way home...he was cracking me up, he was SO tired, and I love his mouth hanging wide open!


This is how I found Layla the other day....sitting up with a laundry basket on her head, with Max sitting right next to her (of course). He informed me that she was in a cage because she is a rabbit. Amazingly enough she was pretty happy in her cage.


My cousin Camille came a visited us for a few days which we spent playing non-stop. We went to Disneyland, the beach, San Diego where we hit up the beach, Balboa Park, and the new Mormon Battalion museum. It was really fun to have her visit with us-of course I have no pictures of her, just Max....I'm in such a bad habit of just taking his picture, I don't even have any of Layla at Disneyland!


The two kids crashing after a day at Disneyland....I couldn't help but feel jealous looking at them sleeping in the stroller, it looked comfy!


In the midst of all this excitement we are attempting to potty train-we have had some success but we are still working on it. I won't give details but I just think he looks so cute on his little potty!


Here is the picture they took of us at the Mormon Battalion museum-it is really neat, and I loved learning more about that history, I didn't know much. Anyway it is definitely worth visiting-plus my good friend from High School's parents are the directors of it, so it was really fun to see some good old Kamas people here in California!

3 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Looks like SO much fun! That picture of Max asleep in the car on the way back from the museum is so funny! And I had to laugh at Layla in her rabbit cage...Brayden does the same thing to Tyler except he doesn't like it very much! California has so much fun stuff to do... I need to come visit!

Rebecca said...

Good luck with potty training. It's a battle I'm still fighting unfortunately.

Jenny said...

Laura! My mom was sooooo excited to see you come through the Visitors Center. It definitely made her busy week! I am just entirely jealous that you got to see my parents before me. I have only talked to them once and that was because you were coming through! So I wanted to thank you for going. From you I see that California does have so many fun things to do. When we decide to come I will definitely be calling you for some tips! Hope it's soon!