There is nothing like having a birthday, and then having your oldest child turn three to make you feel old! Max turned three yesterday and I really can't believe it. He is becoming such a big boy, and he is so fun! He is developing a wild imagination-everyday he tells me wild stories, that I need to start writing down, because my brain is failing me! The other day he was pretending he was a puppy right when we were going to bed. So while we were saying his prayers he would say a line and then end it with a quiet little "woof"-honestly how were we supposed to not laugh at that! Anyway I just love this little boy-he brings so much joy into our home-I just can't believe how big he is getting!
Max opening presents at the crack of dawn-he woke up at six of course...I was hoping daylight savings would help us out on the sleeping in factor, but no such luck!
He was so fun because three year olds are just so excited about life-its too bad we loose some of that excitement as we grow up!
Working on his train whistle blowing skills-
Max has recently become obsessed with Transformers-its amazing how in to them he is without ever really seeing a transformer show...this is him opening his Bumblebee car which he informed us was not a Transformer, he is Bumblebee.
Too cute of Layla to not throw in the mix!
We finally got rid of the binky by tying it to balloons and sending it to heaven...I think I could have done this a long time ago, but I think I was the one mostly addicted to it-it was too easy to just pop that thing in his mouth and send him to bed!
Max loving being sung to-I sang happy birthday to him a couple of times throughout the day and when I finished the song Max always said, "thank you mommy." Honestly sometimes he just melts my heart....and then he has a temper tantrum to even it all out!
Blowing out the candles....he needed some assistance from Cody-I didn't look to closely to see how much was really air and how much was spit.
Loving his cupcake-we went to Chuck E Cheese for a little party with his friends and on the way he informed me that he didn't want to eat pizza he just wanted to eat his cupcakes.
Max got a spiderman scooter-he specifically asked for it. Like with the transformers I really don't know where he was educated about spiderman....anyway he loves it and this is him with his "spiderman" face. I am constantly reminding him that superheros are nice.
Cute boy on his scooter-the only way I got him to do anything yesterday was by telling him he could ride his scooter there....like to the bath, to brush teeth, go potty etc...
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Max is 3!
Posted by Laura at 7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your posts make me excited to have kids Laura. I hope ours are as sweet as yours!
Happy Birthday Max! I agree that 3 years old is such a fun, sweet and perfect age minus the tantrums.
You are such a nice Mommy for letting Max say good-bye to his binky in such a creative, humane way. Love it! We just went cold turkey with Jed after loosing 2 of his 3 binky's in one day. Traumatic. I wanted to buy more because I too was addicted to the magic of the bink, but Jake wouldn't let me.
What a fun post, Laura! I LOVE little boys -- they melt my heart too! I substituted in Sunbeams last Sunday and I think it was the best thing I've done in a long time. They just talked and talked and told me everything ... especially what didn't have anything to do with what we were talking about. Their imaginations are awesome. I loved Max's little woof-prayer!
They grow up so fast!
WOW I can't believe he is 3! It looks like he had a great birthday! I had to laugh at his puppy prayer...we've had many of those over here too! I'm pretty sure Max and Brayden would be best buds! We are moving the end of august and we have no idea where yet but I'm hoping its closer!! I'll let you know!
And P.S.
Layla is adorable and its probably good I live far away because if I lived by you I would probably sneak her home with me. She is such a cutie!!! :)
Post a Comment