I have not been the best at blogging lately, and it seems like once you stop it is hard to get back into it!
Here is a quick little update of what has been going on. We drove up to Utah for Memorial day-where we were able to meet up with Cody's parents and his Grandma Patty who were down visiting with Cody's sister who lives in Provo. That was really fun to see them-meeting in the middle of California and Couer D Alene is a lot easier on the kiddos as far as driving in the car. We spent a day with them at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point, which Max LOVED-it really is one the best museums out there for little kids. Ever since then he has become quite obsessed with Dinosaurs which is great-especially when he decides to become one, he has a very loud and scary sounding roar, which is not my favorite! Cody headed back to California on Memorial day and I stayed up in Utah with the kids for another week so I could help my mom who had just had surgery on her shoulder to repair some torn ligaments in her rotator cuff. It was a good reason to stay in Utah longer which gave me some extra time to be able to see my grandparents, attend my cousin's baby blessing, go wedding dress shopping with my brother's soon to be wife Nicole and see many of my best friends while I was there. It always seems like there is never enough time to see and do everything I want to when we are in Utah! It was very fun but I was definitely ready to come back to California and see my husband...I'm just kind of attached to him and do not enjoy being separated for that long!
Besides that quick little trip we have just been busy with life, keeping Layla safe as she explores her world as an expert crawler, entertain Max, jobs etc...
Here are some of the few pictures I have taken of the last month.
At Newport Beach-Max is showing me his sand...I think this is the day we ended up at the beach because we had to go check out the new Cafe Rio in Costa Mesa...I great combination if you want my opinion!
Max and Layla on Mother's Day...I often find myself shocked when I look at pictures of my kids because they are getting so big, and I don't realize it until I sit and really look at pictures.
Playing in the sand/water pit at the Dinosaur Museum, Max could have stayed there all day-it is all a little boy needs to be happy.
He had a hard time focusing on the camera with all the dinosaurs around-it is pretty much impossible to get a good picture of him these days.
Cute little Layla-just hanging out at the museum happy as ever.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Memorial Day weekend and beyond...
Posted by Laura at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love Max's face on the Mother's Day picture, and I can't believe how big Layla is getting.
Okay, every time we drive past Thanksgiving Point Jed begs us to stop because he sees the big dinosaur on the building. I never thought it was anything worth visiting, but now I'm totally convinced that we need to go there, especially if someone all the way from California went there.
I also have to admit that every time I see all of your beach pictures, I get a little jealous.
Post a Comment