Tuesday, May 11, 2010

San Diego

There are definitely things about Cody's job that are not my favorite....however I must say the good things about his job definitely out weigh the bad! We recently went on a trip with his company to San Diego. He spent two years working hard to produce enough in order to qualify for the trip. And let me just say that all the hard work was worth it! We stayed at the Grand Del Mar, which was beautiful and did many fun things and were spoiled endlessly-to the point where I began to feel a little guilty! We spent days playing at the pool, some time at the spa, Cody golfed Torrey Pines, we went of a sail boat tour of the bay in San Diego, had a dinner cruise on a yacht...spoiled! It has probably been the hardest vacation to come home from we have ever taken-real life is hard to compare! I was not a great picture taker so I have about 200 pictures from the sailboat and then most of the other pictures I had to borrow from my friend's blogs. (thanks Tami and Lou!)


Here is the pool we spent hours at-Max turned into a little fish-he probably climbed out and jumped back into the water hundreds of times, which we were okay with-I think it is every mother's goal to completely use up all their toddlers energy every day!


One of the first nights we went to a Padre's baseball game. It was really fun, and their stadium is awesome-it was just SO COLD!



Another night we got to have a romantic beach walk-they had all these tiki torches and chairs set up for us with little picnic baskets-very cute but with about fifty other people there it wasn't too romantic but I wasn't complaining it was still beautiful!



A picture of Coronado bridge from our sailboat-this bridge takes you over to Coronado Island which has my favorite beach in all of California!


The boat behind us is the ship that was used in the movie Master and Commander-which I have never seen all the way through, but still kinda cool!


There were a couple big Aircraft Carriers in the harbor, and if you look closely you can see a jet sitting inside this one-awesome. There is just something about seeing all the military presence down there that is awesome-I love it.



Cute little sea lion just sunbathing on the buoy...I think I could handle that life!





Cody and I on the boat-we were really good sailors.


The group from our Office-these trips are really fun because of these people, who are so great-we have too much fun together!


Max loves to take pictures so here are a few he took while hanging out in the room-I think he has a future in photography.


The Spiderman face-who knows how this boy became so obsessed with Spiderman!


Joel-I should mention that we brought Layla and Max with us, and my brother Joel and his wonderful wife Claire we SO nice to come down and watch our kids for us so that I was able to join Cody on all of these outings. We wouldn't have been able to do it without them helping us out-so THANK YOU and we LOVE you guys.



The yacht we had our formal dinner on-it was fun but once again a little too chilly for me!


The "Mormons" of Old American-it is kind of fun to have a big group of us to hang out with while everyone else in the company gets less than sober!


The night of the dinner cruise the president of the company got up and expressed his thanks for all the spouses of the agents that work for Old American. Then he said to express their gratitude they brought Tiffany's to us...so up a level on the yacht they had three things for the women to choose and three things for the men from Tiffany's....it was very fun and exciting-especially since it is something we would never go and get on our own!


Cody surfing at the farewell dinner/party. It was a very fun trip-very grateful for everything we were able to experience-we feel very lucky and blessed for his job and for the success that he has had.

5 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

I'm just oohing and ahhing at all of these pictures! You guys live a good life, no?

Allison Hill said...

That trip looks amazing! Cody gets some good perks with work!! :) And Max's spiderman face is awesome!!!

P.S. i changed my blog to sweetandsimplemoments.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

LUCKY!!!!

Colt 'n Tami said...

PArty animals.... CHEERS to the fun flippin trips! OH we did get spoiled and ya know what? I miss it, the pool, weather.... it all! hahaha!

The Tews said...

What an awesome getaway! Good job Cody!