Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coeur D Alene and the 4th

We spent the fourth of July up in Idaho with Cody's family this year. We had a great time-Couer d' Alene is one of the prettiest places ever-we love it up there! We had many adventures and just spent time with our kids-all I wanted to do was be outside in order to de-city my kids. (the last thing I want to do is raise city kids!)

Riding the 4-wheeler with Grandpa, one of the kids favorite things to do. 

My husband may not be too happy that I'm adding this picture, but the kids were too cute to not put it in!

Hiking Tubbs Hill by Couer d' Alene Lake-fun, pretty and a pretty good workout hauling Layla in the backpack!


The sun is in a horrible position in this picture but I just had to prove that I was also there!

Max was a great hiker-he is always up for a good adventure.

Layla is never a fan of being contained for long-so we let her get out and walk....it lasted until she skinned her knees, which didn't take long, and then she was back in the pack.

Our favorite thing that we did while in Idaho was a big bike ride down the Hiawatha Trail. It is 17 miles on an old rail line, with a gradual downhill slope-which was nice! It was amazing riding through the back hills of Montana and Idaho.

Layla hanging out in the back of grandpa's truck. I love her in the back of the truck because she is trapped.

Max rode a bike connected to the back of my bike. He loved it-and did all but maybe two miles on it, despite the sore fanny we were all experiencing.

As long as she had food Layla was pretty happy hanging out in the bike trailer.

Max with his cousin Leah.

By the end of the day my little white tank top that was under my shirt was a nice shade of brown. I should have brought my spandex outfit for this.


The entrance to the mile long tunnel we had to ride through. The only light in the tunnel was from the head lamps or lights on our bikes. There was water running down the walls and dripping everywhere-it was a muddy mess and about 40 degrees in there. It was definitely an adventure to ride through but I was happy when we were finished with it...not my favorite part!



One of the shorter bike tunnels.
If any of you are ever up in the area this is seriously such a fun thing to do with your family!

Cute Cousins watching the parade on the 4th.

Max is going to love this picture of himself someday!


My favorite part of the parade-someday that will be me!

Cody, Max and I went down to the Lake that night to watch the fireworks-they were awesome...Max loved them in his half awake state of being.

Don't we look awake and excited? We obviously played too much and were completely exhausted-all signs or a great vacation!

0 comments: