Cody and I decided we needed to go camping a few weeks ago-plus we were attempting to escape the 90 degree weather we were still having in September. So we packed up our car and drove about three hours north to El Capitan Beach-it is about twenty minutes north of Santa Barbara. We LOVED it up there-and once we strike it rich, Santa Barbara may be where we decide we want to live! It was a fun little get away with out little family, and really the first time we have ever done something like this, just the four of us. It is something we need to do much more often!
(the pictures are out of order, and I'm feeling too lazy to put them in order)
 |
| Just some awesome trees we found while on a "hike". Notice the misty background-I felt like we were camping on the Washington coast-it was moist to say the least. Which of course made my hair a huge fuzz ball, while my daughter had perfect little ringlets. I was a little jealous-and also in love with her hair-which is why there are about 76 pictures of her! |
 |
| There was a lot of wildlife around this beach-these big pelicans, we saw sea lions, dolphins and our camp was attacked by a raccoon the first night, which was fun. |
 |
| Cute little girl with the perfect hair. While we were walking she kept saying, "Mommy this is fun, " which I agree it was fun-once I got past the stress of my kids getting too dirty I loved it too! |
 |
| This fun rope swing was across from our campsite. The kids loved it-especially my little monkey girl. I swear she has NO fear! |
 |
| I had to stick this drama picture it-you can't really tell that I am missing my baby toe nail from this picture, but I somehow lost it! I woke up after the first night and it was gone. I'm thinking the raccoon had something to do with it. |
 |
| Our camp-for the first time ever packing for ourselves and not having my parents or Cody's parents to rely on for things we forgot we did alright. We just had to do without things like chairs, a table cloth, tarp, but nothing huge was forgotten. |
 |
| Its a shame you can't really see me in this picture because it is the most presentable I looked the whole trip-I'm just warning you, there are some scary Laura pictures coming up. |
 |
| The first morning we walked down to the beach and explored a little bit. When the tide went out later that day these rocks were full of creatures in the tide pools-Max loved exploring them. |
 |
| The pretty coastline, and me attempting to control the hair with a hat...also I am in my pajamas still-I don't know why I thought it was okay for me to go out and about for so long looking like this-geeze I'm embarrassed! Also I had to wear glasses because I have been fighting with an eye infection on and off for over a month-it just won't go away. |
 |
| Layla and I heading into the jungle, as Max called it. |
 |
| Cute little camper. Max LOVES camping and kept trying to talk me into staying there for forty days. |
 |
| My attempt to get a picture of the dolphins. |
 |
| Again just a cute picture of Layla-her little girls make her look like a little angel-which she can be when she wants to be! |
 |
| Max needed a picture with his sword |
 |
| Our family picture attempt...again I ask why am I still in pjs? |
 |
| What Max's face usually looks like when he is becoming a ninja or any weapon wielding thing. |
 |
| Max loved all the rocks on the beach-this one happened to be a dinosaur claw-he also found a T-Rex tooth and a T-Rex leg. |
 |
| What is it about chasing birds that is so fun? |
 |
| Not to be outdone by Max, Layla also found some rocks-although not quite as unique. |
 |
| After Cody and I pretty much were driven crazy by these too we remembered we had buckets in the back of the car-we just gritted out teeth and let them play and get dirty-which is what we should have done a lot sooner-we all enjoyed it a lot more once we were a little dirty! |
2 comments:
Looks like a BLAST! Next time, we wana come :)
You are so MVP mama, look how many fun things your kiddos get to do in the sunny sun of CA! How fun! Hope all is well! Go Cougs!!! haha!
OK Layla's curls are to die for...I would have been taking a million pictures of her too. And you look great silly...your camping so you're allowed to wear pajamas all day. I think it's a rule! We need to venture out and camp sometime with our boys, but Florida has just been too hot. Everyone does the RV thing here and I don't blame them! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment