Thursday, August 23, 2007

Magical Mom Moment

The other day I went out to get the mail with Max. Our mailbox in these big group boxes-kinda like a mini post office. Anyway while I was getting my mail this older man was getting his also, he was looking at Max and he commented on how big he was getting, etc... I agreed with the man and felt a moment of motherly pride for my cute little boy, however, that pride turned into...hmmmm maybe shock is a good word....as I looked down at Max's face, he has been experiencing his first cold, and he had two little snot streams coming out of his nose as well as slobber all over his chin....my cute little boy looked like your typical "Walmart kid" as my brother in law calls them-It was just funny and I felt like a bad mom for neglecting my child and letting him be in such a goopy state at the mailbox!

2 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

Oh, that's awesome. I hate that. And yet, it keeps us humble. :)

Brooke said...

Oh Laura! I often thought I would be one of those perfect moms who always has my child in pristine condition...and then I was welcomed with a warm dose of reality. Sometimes those noses are just out of control. :)