Friday, January 25, 2008

A haircut for Max

Last Monday I had just gotten home from teaching water aerobics-I was in on the computer and Max was hanging out with me...most likely trying to gain access to the cords under the computer. He crawled out of the room to find his dad, which usually is a good thing-until I heard the clippers turn on. I walked out of the room to find that Cody had captured my poor little baby and was giving him his first haircut. Cody has been saying for a while that he needed one or people would think he was a girl-but I kept telling him not yet because he looked cute, and he was just starting to get little curls in the back, and I could do a little swoop thing with his hair in front, okay maybe not the most manly...
So anyway, my husband hoodwinked me and just did it-at least I was home while he cut it, I'll give him that much. I thought Max would be scared of the clippers, but he just sat there and let Cody get to work-he just kept trying to look up and see what his dad had that was making all the noise.


Yes, Max's shirt does say "tax deduction" Cody thinks it is the best shirt ever-too bad it is winter and I always have to cover it up with a warm long sleeved one!

The finished product-in a matter of a few minutes Max went from being my little baby to my little boy...who knew the first haircut would be so traumatic!

7 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Jack just got his first hair cut too, although I didn't cut too much off! I want him to be my little baby forever too! He does look like a handsome little man.

the man said...

that's a good lookin' haircut, he looks just like his daddy. his butt too.. trust me. I know. haha! I refuse to let Ashlyn have a haircut yet, it's a pretty ratted top she's got, but it should keep growing right?

Jared and Laurel said...

I love the shirt! We were kind of hoping we'd have Noah early so we'd have two tax deductions this time around, but oh well! hehe

Bob said...

We approve of the haircut. I hear tax deductions are the real reason people have kids...We'll have to work on that!

BKC said...

I love his haircut!! Thanks for encouraging me to do a blog, it's like I've entered a whole new world of people..so funny. It was so good to talk to you! Keep me posted...oh and by the way...tag you're it (you have to look at our blog to find out what to do)
love ya!

Brooke said...

I love that Cody did it while you weren't watching--Eric pulled one of those on me too and I was seriously THIS close to crying. It looked like he had practically bic-ed it at first, but then it all ended up OK.

He looks adorable! And yes, much more like a little boy than a baby. Isn't it sad???

Allison Hill said...

Aw it looks so cute! It's becoming time to cut Brayden's that short but its hard for me too! I need to tell guy to wait for me to be there too so I can moniter it! :) Oh and I love the shirt too. thats why we have kids right?!?