Last week Cody and I were able to go spend five days at Lake Las Vegas with Old American Insurance Company. Every year they trips you can qualify for if you produce enough insurance....this was the first trip we have gone on and lets just say I could get used to it! I flew up to Salt Lake with Max on Thursday where he spent time hanging out with my parents, my sister, and even my brother Trevor-who got to learn first hand what too much grape juice does to a two year old. Anyway we are extremely grateful to all of you, because without your willingness to watch Max our trip would have been a little less relaxing-with more time chasing him and in the pool rather than just sitting in the sun by the pool!
I flew down to Vegas on Saturday where I met up with Cody and the festivities began!
This is us after seeing the Blue Man Group that night....I think we were both still trying to figure out what the heck we had just seen. It is the most random show ever, but very entertaining!
My friend Lou with her dad Mike-Cody's boss- and the Blue Man-they are creepy they just sit and look at you with no expression and don't talk...I don't know why they just kind of give me the heeby jeebies!
Me, Cody, Layth, and Colton with the Blue Man.
We drove out to Hoover Dam on Sunday, and sat in Dam Traffic (as the locals call it) for two hours. The Dam was neat but I thought this bridge that they are building over the gorge was much cooler.
Cody and I in front of the bridge. It was a little bit hot that day walking along the Dam, and my hands and feet decided to swell up. It just made me look forward to a long summer of swollen extremities.
No I am not giving my husband the bird-I think I was smacking him because he wouldn't make a straight face for this picture-he is just as bad as Max! We are all dressed up because they made us go to some fancy dinner before going to see Phantom, which was great!
Cody by the pool-in his sweet hat. Lets just say that he is not a huge fan on the sun because he has a talent for getting burned. This day was probably my favorite day, the couples from our office all went down and hung out by the pool for like five hours. There was this little water slide that was actually really fun, especially when the lifeguards let us break the rules and do whatever we wanted on it. We also spent a couple of hours playing some intense games of water volleyball. It was a fun day, but by the end my pregnant body was not very happy with me-I think all the jumping and sliding was a bit too much!
My friend Lou, who is also pregnant and due two weeks before me-after defeating Cody and Colton in ping pong...she is a champion!
The last night we were there there were all these very nice and expensive cars parked right outside, so Cody had to go check them out and get his picture taken by some of them. I told him not to get his hopes us because a mini van is knocking on our door in the future!
It was a very fun trip-I can home exhausted and with a cold, but its well worth it! These business trips are stasrting to feel more like family reunions We now know what crazy aunts and uncles to stay away from when they have had too much to drink, etc...it is nice that there is always a group of us mormons to hang out with when the others in the company start to have a little too much fun!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Lake Las Vegas with OAIC
Posted by Laura at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Geesh! You are like in the movies or something- Hanging out with the Boss Man and his daughter, eating at fancy restaurants and going to shows...campaigning for a promotion are we?!
What a great trip! We missed you while you were away! But so glad to see that you got to do SO much fun stuff just the two of you! :)
How fun! You look so cute Laura, I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! I'm glad you got to have such a fun vacation and that you did get to do something without the kiddo for once. I'm a bit jealous.
I am jealous too!!! I want a fun trip with no kids!! Looks like you guys had a great time and you look so cute pregnant! Seriously! :) When are you due again??
Vegas,huh? What about Baltimore?! That's almost as cool...we'll be here till next summer sometime, by the way...
Well, it sounds like you had a great trip! Maybe someday I'll be able to spend time with Stephen, and without Gracie...someday.
A trip without a kid... what would it be like. I can't even remember but it does look very enticing!
Looks like so much fun! Thanks for coming up for Lisa's shower, it was so great to see you. You seriously look great! Thanks again!
That is great! And I am green with envy....someday we will go on a trip alone!! I can't remember if I commented on your It's a girl post. If not that is sooo excitign! and she'll be gorgeous.
Post a Comment