Monday, April 26, 2010

Party animal Deb...

My parents and little brother Nathan came to town for their spring break a couple of weeks ago. When my mom comes to town she transforms into a little party animal and she wants to go and play/explore every day. It is very fun but by the time they leave I am always exhausted! We loved having them come and stay-we miss them all and wish they would come back!


One night we went to an Angels game-they were playing the Oakland A's and it was actually a great game. The angels had to come from behind to win, so they had to bring out the Rally Monkey-it is my favorite part to watch the crowd get so crazy over a little monkey!


My mom and dad holding Layla and her cousin Davey...they are two weeks apart and I'm afraid they are going to be partners in crime.


Max at the game, he loved it and would scream out all kinds of sporting event jargon. In his mind he was watching BYU, and I just let him keep on thinking that.


The following Monday we went to Laguna Beach. It has become my new favorite beach in the Orange County area. I love all the cliffs and how you can find a beach that is basically just yours, it reminds me of Hawaii and I love it!


This was Layla's first real beach experience where she was chilling on the blanket. She was decked out in fleece pants though because it was cold and rainy in Yucaipa that day. Who knew the beach would have such perfect weather.


I left Layla on the blanket with my brother Nathan so I could go walk with Max, and I gave him one instruction-to keep her out of the sand-this is what I found when I came back.


I eventually gave up on having a sand free baby, she was drawn to it!


Max and my dad are good buddies, Max thinks he is just supposed to play with him 24/7 when they are down here-good thing grandpa doesn't seem to mind!


My mom and dad....my mom was working on her pirate face apparently!


There were all kinds of neat shells and little lobsters that had washed up all over the beach, it was fun to walk around and look at them.


Max and his castle, the two minutes he let it exist before destroying it.


The next day we drove down to San Diego-we went and hung out in Old Town and then we went and saw the Mormon Battalion museum. It is awesome, we love it! One of my best friends from High School's parents are serving as the director of the museum so it is always fun to see them when we go. While we were there a school group came so Sister Evans got out her violin and she had two extras for the kids to play. Max loved it-he thought it was soooo cool. He didn't want to leave-I'm thinking I should take advantage of this and start him on an instrument soon while he thinks it is so cool.



Max trying to not show how much he loves playing the violin by keeping a cool face.


You can also pan for gold at the museum, which came in a close second on the awesome scale according to Max.


We stayed the night in San Diego and went to Sea World the next day with a bunch of my friends from my ward who had gotten a great deal. Sea World is always fun, and for some reason I always struggle with taking pictures of the animals...I always seem to only come home with flamingo pictures!


Max by the crazy seals.


Cute little Layla, happy as ever even though she had been hauled all over So Cal!

5 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

So I just have to say that I was reading this post last night and my laptop battery died on me in the middle of it. So I went to bed thinking about Deb. And then she was ALL OVER in my dreams. And now it is super early- like 6am, and yes, I'm reading your post again. Nothing like Deb in the evening, Deb in the night and Deb in the morning! Haha!
You all are cool to travel together and see such neat things. I still have not been to Sea World. Its on my bucket list. Max and Layla are lucky lil' kids.
And YOU, Laura, are a lucky kid to have had such rockin' parents!

Jared and Laurel said...

Looks like some fun times! I am especially fond of Little Deb's pirate face. :)

Allison Hill said...

Fun to have your parents and brother visit! Looks like you guys had a blast! And that is the first picture of Davey I have ever seen I think! He looks so big! I think the peel side needs a family reunion to be planned soon...it has been forever!

Bob said...

Love the fleece pants Layla sported...we need to go to the new museum ourselves.

The Naylor Family said...

Great pictures, Laura! How fun to have them all come for a visit to So. Cal. I'm ready for a visit down there myself .... Colorado can't make up its mind if it's Spring or Winter! I need some sun!!!