Monday, October 18, 2010

Happenings...

I have been the worst picture taker lately-which in turn makes me an awful blogger. I felt like catching up on today with a few pictures of my kiddos and what they have been up to lately.

I was playing around with Layla's hair after her bath. It is getting so long on the sides and in back, not so much on top-but there is progress. These are here first little piggy tails-SO CUTE. It makes her look so grown up I can hardly believe it! She is definitely not my baby girl anymore. She walks around the house like she owns the place, which she basically does. When she does things that are kinda naughty I find myself laughing 99% of the time. She loves Max, and loves to be tackled by him and roll around on the floor, I'm worried she is going to be a wild little girl! She can also be very sweet and snuggly though, which melts my heart and anyone who gets a snuggle from her. She loves looking at books and I often find her just sitting and looking through them on her own. She is such a fun little girl who has such twinkly smiling eyes-we definitely love this little stinker!


Layla sitting in her rocking chair. 
Looking at her book ( it is really a miracle that I got any pictures of her at all that aren't just a big blur...this girl does not hold still!)
This picture of Max cracks me up, for some reason it reminds me of the old spice man.....he is a little nut. I was taking pictures of Layla and he goes,  "Mom don't forget about me!" Cute but kind of sad that he feels he has to tell me that! He is a little over 3 1/2 now and is getting so old. He started preschool this fall and has been going 2 days a week. He loves going to school and learning new things. He has become quite the talker, I often have to tell him to stop talking and eat his dinner or he will just sit there and make up stories for me to hear. He likes to tell jokes lately, and they often go something like this.
Max: Why did the cow cross the road?
Me: I don't know Max why.
Max: To get in the helicopter and find the bad guys.
Me: pretend to laugh
He always uses the same tone of voice when he tells jokes too-its pretty funny, even though his jokes never really make sense!

Also the beginning of October we had to make a quick trip up to Utah to attend my Grandpa Peel's funeral. It was a great tribute to his life and the great man that he was. They had military honors for him  because of his years of service in the Air Force, at the cemetery which was really neat. I really love my Grandpa and find myself thinking about him everyday-like when I'm loading the dishwasher or other random things that remind me of him. I am extremely grateful for the knowledge that we have that families are forever and that we will all be together again!

(I stole these pictures from my sister and my cousin's blog because I didn't think to take any!)
During the firing of the guns I looked over at Max and he had a HUGE smile on his face-he thought the soldiers were really cool.


It was neat for me to share this experience with my kids, especially Max who has some understanding. I kept telling him that Grandpa went to live with Heavenly Father again and he kept talking about how that was good because Grandpa wouldn't have any more problems. Max also was trying to figure out a way for us to get to heaven. He was pretty convinced that if we went to the store and bought wings we could turn our car into a rocket and go and visit with Grandpa. Cute little boy.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the piggies on your Little Miss Layla.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I think Max might be onto something with the whole rocket idea to get to heaven. There are probably millions of people around the world that would pay big bucks to visit loved ones in heaven. If he ever does invent a way to visit heaven, he'll definitely become a billionaire in a day.

Bob said...

I think Max and Cody should come up with a business venture....

Allison Hill said...

Ok, the pigtails are soo cute! That's like a monumental moment when you have a girl!

And I am laughing because I totally see what you mean about the old spice guy in that picture of Max! He should be their spokesperson for a kid line...haha!

It was sooo great to finally get to see you guys in Utah. Your family is the cutest and we are wishin' we lived closer. Hey, only a year in Florida and then we'll be somewhere new...there's a chance, right!

Hope you guys have a fun halloween :)

The Naylor Family said...

Cute pictures of your little kiddos, Laura. Time sure flies by fast, doesn't it? Sorry again to hear about Grandpa Peel -- he was a great man. How is your Grandma holding up? Keep taking pictures ... they change so fast!