Friday, August 22, 2008

Misc. Summer Pictures

This summer I have been a terrible taker of pictures, and just as bad of a blogger. These pictures probably should have been put into at least five different blogs but that would take way too much thinking on my part so I am smushing them into one big blog of fun!



This is a picture of Cody's Grandparents at the recent Shirley Family Reunion at Bear Lake, this is sadly the only picture I have of that entire renion-like I said, I have been really bad at taking pictures lately! Anyway we love Grandpa Shirley and Grandma Patty!



After the reunion we spent time with Cody's family in Salt Lake, we visited Temple Square, which was fun-and for the first time in my life I felt like a real visitor-not someone who could go there whenever I wanted. I found myself just wanting to soak up the feeling and the spirit of that beautiful place.



Cody and I-even more in love than we were when we took our picture here on our wedding day!



Max with Grandma Shirley, checking out the fish at Cabellas.



First of all, THIS IS AN AWFUL PICTURE OF ME! So just pretend you can't see right up my nose-and just admire how great Cody looks! This is us after seeing Wicked with Joel, Claire, Daniel, and Trevor-when Daniel and Trevor came to California in August to visit us before Daniel left on his mission.



Max and Cody at the Angels baseball game-Max looks completely spaced out-probably because he was exhausted after spending all day at the beach!



Max with his buddies Daniel and Trevor at the Angels Game. We were excited to have Daniel and Trevor come and visit us-Max loves them, and we are trying to not be too sad about saying goodbye to Daniel for two years.....we are really going to miss him!



Max at the pool-which we visit almost everyday! He has become so comfortable in the water, which is good but can be a little scary-he doesn't understand that if he doesn't have the arm floaties on he loses his floating ability....and we have had a few close calls with him just jumping in without them!



Joel and Max-with Joel and Claire being here this summer, Max has bonded with both of them. Sometimes I think he likes them more than he likes his own parents! They have now left us to head back to BYU-which is another thing we try to not think about...man our tears here are pretty close to the surface!



Max hanging out with his best buddy.



Who knows...but he looks happy!



We drove up to Big Bear one day with Joel and Claire-it was so pretty up there, and it is such a cute little town....too bad the road up there gave me the worst car sickness ever!
This is Max hanging out in the lake with Claire-we had to really watch him, he kept attempting to go out in the lake to join the ducks.



Max could have spent all day bending down-picking up the dirt-and then throwing it.....over and over. He is definitely all boy!





A daily sight at our house-raisins all over the floor with Max in the middle feasting on them!





In Rancho Cucamonga there is a splash pad that we LOVE-it took Max a little while to warm up to it but he is now a fan. When Max was bending over to play in the water Cody and I just watched in anticipation for the water to shoot up.....maybe we are bad parents-but it was SOOO FUNNY when our little boy was surprised by the water suddenly shooting up at him!



Max wandered into the middle of the fountain and got stuck in the downpour.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Your family is so cute! I love the pictures. :)

The Tews said...

I love the pictures of Max on the ground surrounded by raisins. What a funny kid!

Anonymous said...

Someone was asking about you guys the other day and so we've been thinking about you and hope you are all doing well... we miss ya! Cute pictures (and laura, I've never seen a bad picture of you, you're beautiful:)

Tiffany said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer. Max is so big and I'm sure he is busy busy busy. Daniel will love Brazil. Jay, my hubby, went to Brazil on his mission and had such a great experience there!

The Naylor Family said...

Hi Laura - hope you don't mind me peeking at your beautiful family through Jessica's blog. I love seeing all that's going on with the Shirley-Wagstaff's. Can't believe how fast time goes by!!! Nathan is the only one home now!! WOW!! Get your mom to blog -- Jessica just got me going. You can see us at naylor-news.blogspot.com -- you have a great family ... I love you all!!!

Allison Hill said...

Fun pictures! Looks like you guys have been busy this summer too! :) Is is starting to cool down there in Colorado? Texas is still as hot as ever and September shows no sign of cooling down. Blah! I'm ready for fall! love you guys