Lately I have been thinking that I should write in my journal about Max and all the things that he has been doing lately-so I figure this is just as good, and much easier than sitting down and writing it with a pen-who uses pens anymore!
-To start off he has become such a creature of habit. I knew that he had some attachments, for example he has had to have his pacifier in his mouth whenever he is holding his bear for a while, but lately when I get him out of bed he now grabs the bear, the pacifier, and a blanket....every time he gets out of bed, everyday. Also whenever he sees me eating cereal or yogurt in the morning he runs over to the couch and points because he thinks I need to sit on the couch and share with him. The last thing I can remember at the moment is he is really into books right now, and the past few nights I have just happened to read to him in the rocking chair in my room, pure coincidence. So tonight when I went to read to him he started heading up the stairs, and looked at me like, come on mom lets go. It just cracks me up how he gets in these routines of things he thinks need to happen without me even realizing it!
-As I mentioned he is really into blankets lately, and he thinks the rugs on the ground are also his blankets, he often will pick up my kitchen rug and wrap himself up in it, or just go and lay on top of it, somewhat gross but cute at the same time.
-Whenever he gives Cody a kiss he waves goodbye to him-even if Cody is not leaving.
-He walks around jabbering on the phone-he often pinches the phone between his cheek and shoulder and goes handless...however if he ever hears talking on the other end he usually stops talking.
-His vocabulary has been growing every day, the rate that little kids learn new words amazes me. Some of his favorite words are ba, wawa, fish, keys, shoes, bye, cheese, he meows, growls, barks, quacks, choochoos, and more. I'm trying to get him to say Go Cougars, and I love You but he always just laughs or smiles at me when I talk to him about these phrases.
-He know exactly what to do to drive me crazy, like throw all his food on the floor when he decides he is done eating, and then he looks at me with his eyes wide like he is trying to get me to believe that he did it on accident....but I know and he knows I know that he is just a stinker. Good for him that he knows exactly how to shmooze me so I can't stay mad at him.
-Lately he is always trying to jump, he isn't very good at it and almost always ends up falling, but it is really cute to watch him, and I'm sure someday soon he will get one, if not both his feet off of the ground!
Sorry to put you through that, but I forget the cute little things he does so it helps to write them down. Thats all I'm going to say, because I have a feeling that you all may not be as infatuated with Mr Max, as I am!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
My little Max
Posted by Laura at 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So cute! I need to do that with Brayden too! It's so easy to forget all the little things they do! He's a cutie! :)
Yep, I need to start doing more of the same thing too! I already feel so bad that my kids have done so many cute things that I don't even remember...and of course at the time I told myself I would never forget it....but I have and it's sad! Anyways, Max is so cute...hopefully we can see you guys the next time you're up this way!
Hooray for Max...and for motherhood. I often find myself wishing I were better at writing down those adorable things as well. There's nothing better than being a mom and watching your child grow!
How cute! That brought back memories for me. Hunter used to greet me each morning with a smile from his crib and would have outstretched arms as a signal to pick him up. But then he would get his blanket, his pillow, his stuffed animal or animals and expect me to take all of them out. Early morning muscle exercises?
Hey Laura! It's Lindsay Allen here. I have joined the blogging world. Our address is ourallenfamilyblog.blogspot.com Yours is so cute! Max is adorable. Thanks for the remembering the little every day things. I kind of stole it! Hope you guys are doing well. We'll talk to you later! Lindsay
Whenever Jed does something cute and funny, I always tell myself I'm going to write it down but it never happens. Thanks for sharing all those adorable things about Max. It helps me remember some similar experiences and motivates me to write some things down before it is ever forgotten.
Post a Comment