
Max and his new buddy Allie hanging in San Clemente
Last week, due to the generosity of my old roommate's dad, Cody and I and some of my old college roommates went and spent four days in San Clemente at this beautiful beach house. It was amazing-and it made me covet, and wish that I lived on the beach too......maybe someday when we strike it rich! Anyway, it was so fun to spend time with my old roommates, Kelli, Fallon, and Rachael and their families-to relax and just sit and talk. I decided that there is such a different bond/friendship between friends you have later in life and roommates because of the living situation. Not to mention that when I lived with these girls we were still so young-maybe just 20 so we did some pretty crazy things, that lead to great stories and and memories that only we could sit and laugh about!
Also while we were there we experienced our first earthquake-it was pretty exciting, and I will admit it was a little scary....none of us had ever really been in an earthquake so we all just stood in the kitchen in shock about what was happening, and then when it was over we sat and discussed in the kitchen what we should do. We didn't know if we needed to get out of the house-run to higher ground since we were by the coast, etc. We didn't really do anything since nothing even fell off of the walls, and continued eating our spaghetti! Earthquakes are just a little unnerving because you have no control over what is going on around you-you just have to sit and shake...which is not a very comforting feeling! However, we all survived and had a great time in San Clemente-it was really hard for me to leave happily!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
San Clemente, and our first Earthquake
Posted by Laura at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow that sounds scary! I would have no idea what to do in an earthquake either... though I'm not sure Texas gets many so I might be ok! Sounds like a fun trip.
I am due feb. 19 by the way. I was dying to tell you at the reunion! That's why I was so lame there cause I was feelin so sick! :)
Sounds like a nice get-a-way except for the earthquake. Scary but at least you can say you've experienced one.
As for Sarah and Jed, I'm also out of the gossip loop even with my own sisters! I do know that Sarah really REALLY likes him, spends every free second with him, and that their personalities are so similar, it's crazy. He's an awesome kid, and I would love it if he joined the family. I want a brother-in-law! Jed is transferring to the U of U this fall so she's not excited to return to USU... who knows what will happen.
I'm actually jealous about the earthquake. I've always wanted to experience one in which I didn't get hurt. Very cool. Max gets bigger and bigger with every picture.
Earthquakes are so much fun! We love them here in So Cal as the ground sways beneath us and the world shakes...and as we all, if only secretly in our minds, run screaming for the nearest safe haven!
How fun. I love the beach! I am jealous. I have never been in an earthquake. I am glad it wasn't bad.
I didn't know you felt the earthquake! That is kind of creepy! Sounded like quite a fun trip. Wish we could do something like that!
Post a Comment