Monday, September 22, 2008

Let the Brainwashing Begin



It is no secret that my family as well as myself are avid BYU fans. So being the good BYU loving mother that I am I bought the "My First BYU Book" for Max to start educating him about the greatness of BYU! The book is really just like any other baby book it has pictures of campus, items students have in their dorms, classrooms etc. Max's favorite page used to be the one about BYU sports, he loved it because of all the pictures of balls on the page which he would have to point to and say ball over and over. However, lately he loves the page with the Fight song written on it, he will flip through the picture pages really fast and once he gets to the page with the fight song on it and sits and waits for me to sing it to him-every time we look at the book without fail. Not really thinking about that small fact I packed the book in the bag for church on Sunday. Due to Max not feeling well, which caused him to get kicked out of nursery for excessive grumpiness he was sitting with me in Relief Society. In an attempt to get him to sit and be happy I pulled out the BYU book-which was a bad idea for two reasons, the first reason is it is impossible for him to look at that book without talking. The second reason is once we got to the song page he stopped turning pages and waited for me to begin singing. I could tell he was getting frustrated and about to start vocalizing his frustrations so I whispered to him that I couldn't sing the song because we were at church but I would when we got home. He then turned and put his face right up to mine and started whispering his 'jibber jabberish" language to me, probably trying to say that BYU is doing so great this year they deserve to have their song sung in Relief Society! His whispering was so funny to me that I started cracking up and ended up having to leave Relief Society anyway. I shouldn't be surprised by his love of the fight song-it is pretty much genetically programmed into him to love it!

*Side not to my lovely cousin Allison-this is a little bit of trash talk but I can't help it-I just happened to notice that my Cougars did pass up your Buckeyes in the polls...Trevor and I were discussing this and we agreed that we could definitely take you!*

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Go Cougars! I'm not surprised at Max's enthusiasm for BYU and the fight song already, he does hang out with you all day ya know. You ALWAYS inspired me to be a better BYU fan and because you inspired me and dragged me to all those football games I now LOVE BYU football and never want to miss watching or listening to a game. (That's pretty amazing for me because I'm not a huge fan of football in general.) Thanks for spreading the BYU love!

p.s. Max is probably the cutest BYU fan ever! I love that he likes to hear you sing the fight song.

The Tews said...

You are hilarious! I really want to hear you sing the fight song now. I always liked driving past your house around Christmas to see the blue BYU tree glowing in the window!

Allison Hill said...

OH a little trash talk I see... Well how many years has it been since BYU has even been ranked! Come on now! :) I'd love to see a byu and ohio state matchup! Then we could really see if the polls are right! j/k I'm glad BYU is having a good season...makes the games fun to go to for Kelly! And that is a hilarious story about Max in relief society! Too cute! :) Go Bucks!

Allison Hill said...

haha no I loved the trash talk! So funny! No worries! :) You gotta look on craigslist for the good garage sales. That's how we do it and we've found a lot so far. Take care! :)

Rachel said...

For Allison's benefit, BYU has been ranked for the past COUPLE years. And quite often beyond the Crowton years.

I'm so proud of my little sister and her excellent brain washing of max. We're just doing our duty to carry it on through the generations of blue blood. Thanks to little Deb we learned from the best.

The Newton's said...

I love you and all of the Wagstaffs. Your passion is so intense. Funny how it never rubbed off onto me. We are going to a game in a few weeks. Wish you could go for me because I know you would enjoy it much more than I will.