Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wow I'm a mom moment...




The other day while Cody and I were actually out on a date without the kiddo, we were walking through the parking lot to the movie theater and I spotted a little boy holding a bunch of balloons. I found myself feeling really excited about them which was strange-until I thought about it and realized that when I am with Max I am constantly looking for things like balloons to point out to him, because to him they are awesome! I pointed out the balloons to Cody, and he didn't quite deliver the response I was looking for-he must be over the balloon phase of life.

ps-The picture is of Max in timeout-I have recently started to stick him there when he hits, throws toys in anger etc....as you can tell it isn't really a punishment in his mind, he likes them. Often after I tell him no or speak to him reprovingly he will go and put himself in time out. The kid is a nut!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Parker won't stay in time out. It is a nightmare! I do the super nanny thing and just keep putting him back until he finally gives up. I heard you were trash talking tonight. I was at the game and it was awesome! GO UTES! :)

Allison Hill said...

That is so funny! Max is such a cutie!

Yes, another boy for us! We are way excited though! But I guess this means its up to you guys to bring the first girl to the family! haha :)

Tiffany said...

It's amazing how being a mom changes your whole thinking! I get excited over dogs, bunnies, and lions lately. Lilly has books about them and she goes CRAZY when she sees them!!

Cornums said...

Okay I am glad my kid is not the only one that puts himself in timeout and seems to enjoy it (unless I put him there of course). We've got to get these boys together to entertain each other when you get back, Every time I read your blog I think you're writing about Tanner, they are so much alike.

Holmes Family said...

It's amazing how life changes when you have kids. I find it really hard to talk about anything but kids with my husband. It's not too much of a bad thing, I hope. I hope things are going better for you in CA. Have fun, and take this time to bond with your family. It's a blessing in disguise. Take care, Jess