Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


These flowers really are SO pretty-my photography skills just aren't quite where they should be in order to capture how pretty they really are.


I have been very excited for Valentines day this year-and I think it may be the first time I have been this excited for this holiday of Love. Last year I was eight months pregnant, Cody was working nights and so he slept all day-I think he woke up long enough to go out to lunch, and then he was gone all night. The year before that he was in Virginia at OCS for the Marine Corps...and then every other year in college it was just hit or miss if you happened to be dating someone when this holiday hit. I can honestly say that most of my life I have despised this day!
But not this year.....
Yesterday while Cody was out working he sold a policy to a woman who used to work in a floral shop, and so Cody started asking her questions about flowers, like how to choose the best ones, how to mix the different kinds and make arrangements etc...once he was equiped with his new knowledge he came home and made his own arrangement to give me for the big Valentines day. I think he did a pretty good job-and may have a future in flower arranging. Anyway I just wanted to show these off for him-he is a great husband who isn't afraid to try flower arranging or to admit that he does actually enjoy watching Gilmore Girls and High School Musical with me-he has even claimed to like them both. Anyway these are just some of the many reasons why I love him, and I'm glad he is my Valentine!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That's so sweet! "Great job Cody!" Happy Valentines day. :)

Allison Hill said...

Wow those look so pretty! I can't believe he arranged those himself. So cute! :)

Chris said...

Are you not SO sad that there are no more Gilmore Girls to watch? Good thing I have all seven seasons to watch OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...I hope you do too. :)