Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kansas City!

Last Wednesday morning Cody, Max, and I headed to Kansas City, for Old American's new agent trainin and then company awards dinner. They company flew us out of Grand Junction, which was nice because we live five minutes from the airport-but I decided it was also kind of not so nice since you fly on small planes and they are a little more bumpy and nerve wracking for me-which leads to feeling a little ill-especially on the landings. We were picked up at the airport in a mini-limo...I'm sure the driver was excited to see us as we hauled our car seat and all other kinds of baby gear out to the car.... The place we stayed was really nice, but Kansas City is not not quite the warm destination you want to head to in the middle of February, I think when we landed the temperature there was 12 degrees. Throughout the next three days Cody went to workshops-I went with him one morning and got a tour of the home office, which was neat but insurance jokes, and discussion all day is not really my thing! At night we had dinners where we met all the other agents, spouses etc...it was always an open bar, need I say more, I think my new favorite thing to do is to hang out in a room full of drunk insurance agents.

Saturday we went with all the agents from this office, based out of Alpine, UT, and visited some of the church sites in MO which was really fun. We were a little short on time, but we at least saw some of the sites. On the final night we were there was a big awards banquet where Cody got the award for being the "Rookie of the Year". I am so proud of him-I had to hold back the tears when he went up to get his award. He was the top selling new agent in the company, so he got a big plaque with his face etched on it, and we got to sit at the same table as the president of the company and these two other men/spouses who are are older, and have been with the company for years so they ared used to fancy shmancy things-and then there was Cody and I-Cody actually asked to make sure we were using the correct spoon to eat our soup! Maybe one of these days we will be better at pretending we are dignified! I forgot to mention that every night Cody and I went off to the dinners this wonderful woman named Rachel, who is the babysitter for one of the ladies who works for Old American in Kansas City, came and watched Max. It was so nice to be able to eat dinner at the same time as everyone else for a change and not have to be running after my son the whole time...I was definitely spoiled but I think I could also get very used to having frequent alone time with my spouse! Max and Cody in the hotel-Max is obviously thrilled about being smushed by his dad's hug.

All the Agents from our office that were in Kansas.

Inside Liberty Jail

I was really bad about remembering my camera everyday so these are the only pictures...oh well-supposedly we will get some from the company of Cody on the big night. It was a fun trip, only slightly not so fun for me due to the fact that I came down with a cold/fever the very first day. I was so worried I had strep throat for a while, and then the cold moved to my ears. Once it was in my ears there was no doubt in my mind that it was an ear infection, so about an hour after we landed in GJ I headed to the ER to get some antibiotics. I'm assuming that while I was in the waiting room for three hours I picked up the germ for pink eye-which I woke up with on Monday morning. Basically I am a germ right now, but at least we had fun in Kansas City!

2 comments:

The Newton's said...

Sounds like fun. You will have to give me more details later.

Chris said...

Im sorta jealous of your glamorous trip amid fellow millionaires. Really cool that your husband is the "Rookie of the Year" -you know thats totally his new pet name: "rookie" bow-chika-bow-wow!