Monday, February 4, 2008

Max the brave one...


I am often amazed at how tough my son is. For example, he rarely cries when he falls or crashes as he pulls up onto anything and everything-he recently had the worst diaper rash of his young life, and he only cried once when I changed him, every other time he would clinch his fists and hold his breath. Not to mention the fact that Cody is constantly trying to startle him because he thinks it is funny to make Max jump, which he will do but he doesn't get upset..yes my son is pretty brave. So imagine my suprise when I put him in a bubble bath the other day, which in my mind is a fun treat...he sat and looked at the bubbles and when I pushed the bubbles towards him and put some on his tummy and in his hand, he started to tremble because he was so scared-and then he turned and started to pull himself up to signal to me that he needed out of the tub fast! I pulled him out and drained the water and refilled the tub with normal, bubbleless water. Moral of the story, if you need Max to stand up to big scarey men, aka his dad, don't hesitate to call-but if your emergency includes bubbles you had better find someone else for the job!

8 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Aren't kids weird about bubbles? I gave Tatum a bubble bath and she was so mad the other day. And she's almost 3!

Tiffany said...

Hi Laura! It's Tiffany Jensen Alldredge. How are you? I was looking on Brooke's Blog and found yours as well. Your little man Max is so big! I just had a little girl in December. I have started a blog as well: jntalldredge.blogspot.com Can I list you as one of my "friends?" Hope to hear from you soon!! :)

Allison Hill said...

Haha that is so funny! Brayden is ok with bubbles but he just ingests so much of the bubbly water while he's taking a bath that I've figured it can't be good for him! But who knows!

Jared and Laurel said...

That is a great story! It's funny how kids can surprise their parents with their likes and dislikes, fears and obsessions: so unique to them...and often so unexpected!

Brooke said...

How funny! Britton ADORES bubbles in his bath, but he has other weird/surprising fears. They never cease to amaze, do they??

Heidi said...

That is so cute! I bet he is growing up so fast. Cute how you said he can face Cody but not bubbles. Sweet. Hope things are going well there in GJ. I will have the internet on Monday so i can check back then. Take care, Heidi

Chelsea Johnson said...

That's a really cute story! And by the way, I totally love John and Kate +8! Its my favorite!

BKC said...

BUBBLES?! I love it, that is so cute. I'm proud of Max for being such a brave kid :)