Friday, January 27, 2012

New Years in Utah

We headed up to Utah after Christmas to see all of my family, and we were all staying at my parent's house. Lets just say it was wild and full or people. Once there are more grandkids running around I don't think this kind of gathering will be possible. They are always fun but I leave feeling exhausted. There was constant playing. We had family parties, we made a trip to temple square, we went snowboarding, to a BYU basketball game....and I feel like there was more but I just can't remember it all! Nobody plans a party like my mom that is for sure. My kids and I were a little sad about the complete lack of snow there was. My parent's yard had a little patch at least in their front  yard - which was enough to satisfy my kids. 

We have to get some use out of our warm clothes when we can. Layla isn't a huge fan of her big puffy coat though- it makes it hard for her to move, which is kind of nice for me!

Max thought throwing snowballs at me was hilarious. 



Sitting on a fountain at Temple Square. Christmas time isn't complete without a trip to see the lights at Temple Square. 



I love the reflection pool there-it was hard to get a good picture of it on Cody's phone...but still it is a beautiful nativity, set in a beautiful location. 


1 comments:

Colt 'n Tami said...

Ohhhh FUN FUN post! Love it! Looks like a fun trip, that's nuts about the snow, Idaho has none either... nutso for up here. Usually by now we'dhave like 3 or 4 snow days, but nope! None yet! How are you? Your kiddos are so dang cute! Miss your buns! Can't wait to party down under!!!!!!!